Wednesday, January 14, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude

I was reading a posting on the Blissfully Domestic site, entitled: "Enjoying the Life You Design" by Nancy M. Sutherland. The first point she made was:

Have an attitude of gratitude- even when things are not going the way that you planned. (They rarely do.)

This quote really hit home for me. You see, I've been complaining a LOT about work lately. Granted, there has been a lot about which to complain. Administration that cares more about paperwork and how things look than about the residents' well-being and happiness, a new supervisor who has made me cry at work twice in the three weeks he's been there, rampant rumors about the facility closing.

But there is so much in my life for which I am able to be grateful...and I need to remember that more. So here is a little list...in no particular order:

  1. My faith in God.
  2. My husband.
  3. My oldest son.
  4. My younger son.
  5. My daughter.
  6. My friends at work.
  7. My friends at church.
  8. The roof over our heads.
  9. A working heating system in the frigid winter.
  10. My ability to change and adapt.
  11. God's Food Pantry (the local food bank).
  12. My mother and brother.
  13. My in-laws.
  14. Each new day.
  15. The ladies (residents) at work.
I could go on...and on...and on! Maybe I can make this like a weekly thing...or make a meme out of it somehow so other folks can get in on the FUN! *lol*

No comments:

Post a Comment