Friday, August 31, 2012

Friendship Friday - Labor Day Lack of Plans

      friendandfollow




Today's Friendship Friday question was about what people's Labor Day plans were.  Well, we really don't have any special plans for the holiday weekend.  Remnants of Isaac are supposed to bring us rain all weekend.  Schools have been in session here in Kentucky for nearly a month.

I guess there is one thing a little different about this weekend, though.  I got a call yesterday from the President of the branch of my church, asking me to play the hymns on Sunday, as both of the regular pianists would be out of town.  This is not a huge deal, I suppose, as I have played for years and in the Primary (children's Sunday  School) for several months now.  I just want to do a good job.

OK, this is a little "off-topic" but I got a great surprise in the mail last Wednesday.  When I went to get the mail, there was a letter, addressed to me in my "big-girl" name, with no return address.  Inside was a Shell $100 gas card!  It could not have come at a better time, as the last couple of months have been somewhat of a struggle for us.  Hubby even made the comment that my exclamation of surprise was a lot more "family-friendly" than it has been in the past!

Have a great holiday weekend, y'all!

12 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will do a great job! That is so awesome getting the gas card in the mail. Thanks so much for following me, I have followed back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Happy Friday! Sometimes those 'lack of plans' weekends with family turn out to be he best ones!
    I'm your newest follower from bloggy moms. Please follow back! :)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops! Sent too soon! You can find me at www.biggreenparentingexperiment.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning! Happy Friday! Sometimes those 'lack of plans' weekends with family turn out to be he best ones!
    I'm your newest follower from bloggy moms. Please follow back! :)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your comment, Michelle. Yup, getting that gas card made my day...much like getting new followers! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate your visit and follow, Allison. LOVE your blog. I commented on your homemade baby wipe post, and hope that you moderate comments, because when I pressed "send" it kinda disappeared. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll try my comment again.

    Congratulations on the gas card, it's nice to recieve something other than bills in the mail.

    Have a great weekend.

    New blog hop follower here, I hope when you have some time you could pay my blog a visit and if you think it's a blog you might like to read from time to time perhaps you might like to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment and follow, Michelle @ VintageCobweb! I love the window displays showing on your blog. Did not see a place to leave a comment, but followed back and subscribed by email.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up with the Weekend Blog Walk! Your comment was sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So far we have not plans. We just got back from a Looooonnnnngggg vacation and I am playing catch up on laundry etc...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! Happy Sunday! I'm a new follower from the Weekend Blog Walk, and I'd love a follow back at at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com when you get the chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet you did a great job on the hymns yesterday! :) And wow, how cool about the gas card?

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following me - I'm following you through all avenues now, too! :)



    We Got Us because I Like Girls That Drink Beer, Truck Yeah! Is That So Wrong? But We’re Never Ever Going To Get Back Together – That’s Why I Pray.

    ReplyDelete