Friday, January 10, 2014

You'll Feel a Little Pressure


NaBloPoMo January 2014    

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED ACUPRESSURE TO TREAT A PROBLEM?  WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH IT?

Before my oldest child was born, I was in a course that would have lead to certification as a professional massage therapist.  Then I developed sciatica while I was pregnant and could no longer stand long enough at one time to give a massage, so that kind of went by the wayside.

One of the classes I took was in acupressure.  We learned all the meridians and names of the pressure points.  I have used several over the years, especially as relates to dental and sinus issues.  It works as well as anything else I have tried.  The more you believe it can help you, the more likely that will actually come to pass.

The class instructor was also a licensed acupuncturist and demonstrated that one evening in class on a volunteer.  I forget what his particular problem was, but she inserted the needles at various points along his spinal column.  I know that stimulating the various points is supposed to improve the flow of "chi" in the body.  But I was still surprised when there was a faint reddish line that developed in between the needles.

And, hey, if it didn't work, would it have been in use for thousands of years?  I think not.

What is the alternative therapy that has provided you the most benefit?  I'd be thrilled to see your answer in a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment