Monday, December 19, 2016

My 2017 Shelf Love Challenge Sign-up

Shelf Love Challenge 2017

The 2017 ShelfLove Challenge is hosted by Terri at "Second Run Reviews" and Julie and Lynn at "Chapter Break".   Thanks for hosting ladies!

~~~oOo~~~

LEVELS
  • 1-10 books: shake hands with your shelves
  • 11-20 books: pat your shelves on the back
  • 21-30 books: give your shelves a warm friendly hug
  • 31-40 books: regular date night with your shelves
  • 41-50 books: my shelves are now my bff
  • 51+ books: my shelves and I are going steady
I'm going for 1-10 books: shake hands with your shelves...because even though I will most likely read more than that...I so need to do better on keeping track of my reads.  Reviews aren't usually the issue.

~~~~oOo~~~

There are all sorts of other goodies (groups, discussions and a giveaway, etc.) to help you connect with other rabid readers during the year.  Sounds like fun!

~~~oOo~~~

MY LIST

1.  The Parting: The Courtship of Nellie Fisher by Beverly Lewis (July 20, 2015)
2.  The Wave at Hanging Rock by Gregg Dunnett (December 17, 2016)
3.  Unknown to History: a story of the captivity of Mary of Scotland by Charlotte Mary Yonge (August 26, 2013)
4.  40 Ways to Get Closer to God by Jerry MacGregor (October 10, 2016)
5.  Night of the Purple Moon by Scott Cramer (October 10, 2013)
6.  Perception by Lee Strauss (December 16, 2016)
7.  
8.  
9.  
10.  

~~~oOo~~~

CHALLENGE DISCUSSION POSTS

December 2016/January 2017 (recap 2016/goals for 2017)

I read quite a number of books in 2016 and reviewed most of them.  But I kept bad track on my challenges, etc.  That is my main goal for 2017, to keep better track.  And, since I could read a book a day and not clear half of my e-reader load....I want to make that a priority this next year as well.  My secret, non-official goal is to make 50% of my reading things that are already on my shelf (or e-reader) at this point in time.  Well, we'll see...

Here's my GoodReads TBR list.  It's probably 75%/25% books I have vs books I don't have but want to read someday.

March/April 2017 (top books that have been on your shelf the longest)

1.  Unknown to History:  a story of the captivity of Mary of Scotland by Charlotte Mary Yonge (August 26, 2013)
2.  Night of the Purple Moon by Scott Cramer (October 10, 2013_

June/July 2017 (mid-year check-in)

xxx

September/October 2017 (top books/genres you are addicted to)

cozy mysteries, historical fiction

December 2017/January 2018 (recap 2017)

xxx

3 comments:

  1. That's a good goal, half of what you read! Get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A book a day?! Dang!!! I wish I can do that!

    Good luck in reaching your goal!
    Vonnie's Post

    ReplyDelete